Andy Greenhalgh studied English at Cambridge University, where he acted with Footlights. He trained for the stage at Webber-Douglas and has been a professional actor and corporate trainer for the last 40 years.
He now teaches Acting, Acting for Camera, Interpersonal Communications, Public Speaking and Interview Skills at Regents University London and Morley College. He is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy and in 2012 was nominated for a Times Higher Education Award for the Widening Participation Initiative.
Andy brings a wealth of experience to one-to-one coaching.
It is my core belief that almost anyone can give a good public speech.
It is not a talent granted to a few. My approach is to bring out a student’s innate ability and unique character through support and encouragement.
Topics that I cover include:
· Posture and Body Language · Voice Production
· Dealing with Nerves · Researching your Topic · Rhetoric
· Structure · Persuasive Techniques · Visual Aids
I can provide help with a student for a bespoke speech for a specific occasion.
Topics covered include:
· Researching the Potential Employer · Confidence and Impact
· Dressing for Success · The Difficult Questions · CVs and Covering Letters
· I look at those aspects of Interview Technique that particularly apply to auditions, including:
· Choosing and Delivering Audition Pieces
· Vocal Production
I have helped many students gain a place at drama school (I am DBS checked).